Wild Alaskan Copper River Coho SalmonStarting at
Wild Alaskan Copper River Coho are a popular salmon that run in August and September. Coho are know for a mild flavor and firm texture. They are bigger, fatter fish than sockeye so we cut them into larger 8oz portions, with pin-bones removed. Our Copper River Coho salmon are wild and sustainably caught out of Cordova, AK using small gillnet boats.
2020 season Copper River Coho:
- Known as one of the best tasting Salmon
- Rich reddish-orange color
- Medium fat, mild buttery flavor and firm texture
- Good source of healthy Omega 3’s (EPA and DHA)
- Wild caught, never farmed!
- Arrive individually frozen and are packed to last in your freezer for up to 1 year
- Defrost quickly for a gourmet meal at home
- Hand cut with natural variability, pin bones out
- Carefully wrapped in parchment paper prior to vacuum sealing. This extra step ensures the salmon never touches plastic, and provides an extra barrier that locks in premium quality.
Each 8oz Salmon portion is:
- Cut by hand, and will have natural variability in size and shape. Actual weight may range from 7.5-8.5 oz.
- Carefully wrapped in parchment paper prior to vacuum sealing. This extra step ensures the salmon never touches plastic, and provides an extra oxygen barrier that locks in premium quality.
- Vacuum sealed and frozen immediately.
We ship directly to your door in insulated boxes. All orders are shipped on Mondays. If you place an order later in the week, expect shipment the following Monday. We will send and email with the tracking number on the day it ships so you know when to expect it.
You can schedule your preferred week of shipment for gifts, special events, or to avoid a time when you will not be home. We guarantee the week of arrival, but not the specific day.
The Sena Sea Guarantee
Sena Sea is dedicated to providing you with high quality seafood. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will replace or refund your purchase. Please contact us for return and refund instructions within 30 days of purchase date at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In late August, the Copper River Coho begin their run. These are the last salmon of the season to return from the ocean to the rivers and streams of Alaska. Because the Copper River is so swift, they must store extra fat and oils in order to survive the long trip. This high fat and oil content is why Copper River Salmon are recognized as some of the world's best-eating salmon.
Our wild ocean run seafood is all natural:
- No added chemicals
- No artificial coloring
- No preservatives
- No pesticides
- No growth hormones
- No antibiotics
- No GMOs
Handling and Recipes
Keep frozen until ready to eat
Thaw overnight in refrigerator or 30 minutes in COLD water
Remove from packaging, rinse in cold water and pat dry
Cook to internal temperature of 145 degrees F
- Grill on high heat for 10-15 minutes
- Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes
- Saute on medium high for 3-5 minutes each side
For easiest removal, pull pin-bones after cooking (if present)
Check out all our delicious salmon recipes for inspiration!