Wild Alaskan Rockfish (also called Pacific Snapper) is a white fish with a flaky texture and a mild, sweet flavor with a nutty accent. It is very easy to cook with, and versatile in the kitchen.
8 oz portions, individually vacuum sealed and frozen
- A versatile fish with wide appeal
- Tender white meat, medium firm
- Mild, delicate flavor with a flaky texture
- Lean meat, a good source of protein
- Sushi quality
- Wild and sustainable, never farmed!
As a 3rd generation fishing family, sustainability is very important to us and means preserving both the long-term future of the species and the health of the oceans. Sustainability and ocean stewardship are our top priorities. We know we’re doing everything we can to maintain a healthy fishery, and it means a lot to us that you trust us to provide healthy, sustainable fish for your table.
- All our fish are wild-caught in Alaska, never farmed
- Every fishery we participate in is regulated by the state, federal or international management programs for sustainability
- Alaska Salmon Fishery is RFM certified (Responsible Fishery Management) which means it meets 125+ criteria for everything from stock evaluations to ecological impacts from fishing
- Our processing facility, 60 North Seafoods is MSC certified (Marine Stewardship Council), which shows the fisheries meet international best practices for sustainable fishing
- Our fleet is an enthusiastic partner of the CRWP (Copper River Watershed Program) net recycling program, which has diverted 263,712 pounds of web from the landfill and marine environment
- We promote the responsible use of our wild resources, which includes utilizing the whole fish to minimize waste.
- We offer collars and chop (small pieces and meat scraped from the backbone), smoke all our tails and trimmings for use in our spreads, and our fish patties are made with premium copper river sockeye meat that has been scraped from the backbones (and would otherwise have been wasted).
- Instead of styrofoam, we use Green Cell Foam packaging that is compostable and dissolves in water.
All our fish are wild and sustainably caught in Alaska by ourselves and other quality fishermen we know and trust.
We own a small custom processing facility (60 North Seafoods) in Cordova, Alaska. Located right at the source, we immediately clean, cut, portion, wrap in parchment, and flash freeze for premium quality.
We longline for lingcod from spring through fall in the icy Alaskan waters of the Pacific Ocean. These are wild fish that have lived their lifespan in the most pristine ocean waters of Alaska.
Rockfish are harvested by longline. Longlining has a rich history in the fishing community and is known as one of the most environmentally friendly methods of fishing. Each fish is brought aboard one at a time and placed on ice.
We ship directly to your door in insulated boxes. All orders are shipped on Mondays. Orders placed by noon (PST) on Monday will be shipped the same day, orders placed later will be shipped the following Monday. We will send an email with the tracking number on the day it ships so you know when to expect it.
We use sustainable green cell foam to insulate our frozen boxes instead of styrofoam. A combination of pellet dry ice and booster packs (pcm gel packs that hold below freezing) are used to keep fish frozen during transit.
Smoked salmon jars are shipped separately from frozen products because the glass could break due to the very low freezing temperature of dry ice.
You can schedule your preferred week of shipment for gifts, special events, or to avoid a time when you will not be home. We guarantee the week of arrival, but not the specific day.
The Sena Sea Guarantee
Sena Sea is dedicated to providing you with high-quality seafood. If you are not completely satisfied with the quality, we will replace or refund your purchase. Please contact email@example.com with any concerns.
Late UPS deliveries are out of our control. UPS will only refund the shipping cost if a package is delivered late but will note replace or refund the ruined contents. Therefore, we recommend purchasing the extra route insurance offered during checkout.
Route is an added layer of protection for your order which ensures package replacement for lost, stolen, or damaged (including defrosted) packages. Route will replace packages that have defrosted for any reason, including late arrival.
Please take a picture of any defrosted portions and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with a claim. Claims must be submitted within 30 days of shipment.
Wild Alaskan Rockfish
- 8oz filet
- Cut with skin off
- Bones removed
- Carefully wrapped in parchment paper prior to vacuum sealing. This extra step ensures the salmon never touches plastic and provides an extra oxygen barrier that locks in premium quality.
- Vacuum sealed and flash frozen immediately.
- Frozen at -20 degrees for sushi quality (can be eaten raw)
- Wild-caught, never farmed
- Sustainable fishery and harvesting method
Our fish is wild, sustainable, and all-natural:
- No added chemicals
- No artificial coloring
- No preservatives
- No pesticides
- No growth hormones
- No antibiotics
- No GMOs
Handling and Recipes
Your fish will arrive frozen on dry ice. Place it in the freezer upon arrival. Properly frozen vacuum-sealed packages are good in the freezer for up to one year.
Keep frozen until ready to eat
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator (cut open bag to let air in) or 30 minutes in COLD water (bag sealed)
Remove from packaging, rinse in cold water and pat dry
Cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F
- Grill on high heat for 10-15 minutes
- Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes
- Saute on medium-high for 3-5 minutes on each side
For easiest removal, pull pin-bones after cooking (if present)
Check out all our delicious recipes for inspiration!