Grilled Chimichurri Salmon and Vegetables
- 4 fillets of wild Alaskan Salmon (6-8oz)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 3 garlic gloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small shallot (or 1/4 red onion)
To make the chimichurri, add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are well chopped, but not completely pureed. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, red wine vinegar or red pepper flakes if desired.
Rinse salmon with a water and pat dry with a paper towel. Salt salmon directly and let that sit for about five minutes. Drizzle with olive oil, put about one spoonful of chimichurri onto each fillet, and spread to coat evenly. Cover and marinate 1-2 hours in the refrigerator or cook right away. Keep some chimichurri sauce for the table.
- Cut the zucchini into long stips about 1/4 inch wide. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Husk the corn and season with salt, pepper, garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat the grill to med-high heat (375-400 degrees)
- Place the salmon on the grill skin side down. Lay the zucchini flat and add the corn to the grill as well. Close the lid
- Cook skin-side down the whole time for about 10 minutes total.
- Serve with extra chimichurri sauce, it's great on all the veggies!