Sena Sea is currently hiring for farmers market booth operators in Seattle, Ellensburg and Wenatchee.
Farmers Market Booth Operator
Do you love your local farmers market vibe and want to be a part of it? Do you have a large vehicle and enjoy being outdoors connecting with lots of people? Do you love to hustle, sell with sincerity, and work independently?
We invite you to apply to JOIN OUR TEAM if you would appreciate working with a small family business that is passionate about fishing sustainably and providing our community with access to premium wild alaskan fish direct from the fisherman.
We are looking for someone with high energy, a friendly demeanor, and excellent customer care. We have several market days available mid-week and weekends in Seattle, Ellensburg and Wenatchee. Let us know what city and days of the week work best for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
The booth operator will sell Sena Sea wild Alaskan fish at farmers markets. He or she will set up the booth, offer product samples, describe the fish and what makes it special, and answer questions about the products.
- Pack up and transport all supplies needed to and from the market locations.
- Set up and tear down the booth (adhering to Farmers Market guidelines and timing)
- Sell products by giving out samples, describing the products, and answering questions.
- Maintain strict adherence to food safety, sampling, and farmers market procedures.
- Accurate processing and recording of all transactions (cash and credit) and keeping track of sales at the market in order to close out at the end of the day.
- Maintain vendor booth appearance and product inventory
- Wear a clean Sena Sea logo t-shirt or apron (provided), and provide a positive image to the public
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with verbal mastery of the english language.
- Experience and confidence selling premium products.
- Passing a background security check.
- Own a vehicle large enough to transport supplied and inventory to market (small SUV - truck).
- Maintaining a current drivers license and auto insurance for your vehicle.
- Have a personal cell phone to process electronic sales transaction
- Food handlers card
- Ability to lift 50lb
To apply, send your resume and references to Sena at firstname.lastname@example.org with “farmers market and your city in the subject line”.