Pacific Cod Pesto Pastry is a crowd pleaser, but is surprisingly simple to make. You will enjoy the combination of warm soft pastry with moist flakey fish.
- 1 package Sena Sea Pacific cod portions (12oz)
- 1 package premade puff pastry
- 1/2 Cup pesto sauce
- 2 Tbs sundried tomatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Lay one length of puff pastry dough onto the sheet and spread half of the pesto sauce evenly over the surface leaving a small edge of dough around the edges.
3. Cut the cod lengthwise into two horizontally thin pieces, season lightly with salt and pepper and arrange on top of pesto sauce.
4. Evenly spread the sun-dried tomatoes and the remaining sauce over the cod portions.
5. Situate the second puff pastry sheet on top and carefully pinch sides closed with fingers or the prongs of a fork. With a sharp knife, score the surface of the pastry in the middle to allow heat to escape while baking. Optional- shape into something fun, like a fish :)
6. Brush the entire pastry with an egg yolk wash and bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
7. To serve, allow to cool for several minutes before cutting.
Recipe by Kinsey Justa. Kinsey is a sustainable seafood advocate that lives and works in Alaska. For more inspiration, you can find her on instagram @ironandpearls.