Asian Glazed Cedar Planked Black Cod
We always love when our happy customers are willing to share a recipe with us, and this one from Cole Sappington really impressed us and is quickly becoming a regular feature at our table.
- Sena Sea black cod filet -- marinade recipe is good for up to two pounds
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds to garnish
- cedar grilling plank
- Soak cedar grilling planks for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except black cod and sesame seeds in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer to a slightly thickened syrup-like consistency.
- Place fish on the soaked cedar plank and season with salt and pepper.
- Baste fish with a healthy coating of the glaze.
- Place the cedar planks directly on the grill. After 10 minutes baste fish with another layer of glaze and close the lid.
- When the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees remove from the grill and garnish with sesame seeds.
Cole Sappington is a father of four, backyard BBQ chef and smoked meat enthusiast. His favorite things to be doing are spending time with family and being in front of the grill and smokers creating delicious dishes for family and friends to enjoy. He grills year round, rain, show and sunshine--every season is grilling season for Cole! For more grilling inspiration follow him on instagram @sapp_BBQ