Temporarily sold out
Wild Alaskan Halibut is a well-known and well-loved fish. Our Halibut is wild and sustainably caught in the gulf of Alaska by longline. This bundle is perfect for the halibut fan that would like to go beyond the standard cuts and try something new.
Wild Alaskan Halibut:
- A very versatile fish with wide appeal
- Beautiful white meat
- Mild, delicate, sweet flavor with firm texture
- Lean meat, good source of protein
- Sushi quality
- Wild and sustainable, never farmed!
7 Piece bundle includes:
- 4 Halibut portions (6 oz)
- 1 Halibut cheeks (1 lb)
- 1 Halibut Chop (1 lb)
- 1 Smoked Halibut Spread (7 oz)
Halibut is a crowd pleaser, it is a very versatile fish that everyone loves! Halibut is prized for its delicate sweet tasting meat, large flakes, and firm but tender texture. It's a nice lean fish, with mild flavor, and a great source of protein. Halibut is very versatile in the kitchen, with many recipes for baking, broiling, pan-frying, deep-frying, poaching or grilling. We often bake it in the oven, smothered with a thick white sauce to lock in the moisture.
Each 6oz Halibut portion is:
- Cut by hand, and will have a natural variability in size and shaped, actual weight may range from 5.5-6.5oz.
- Cut with skin on.
- Carefully wrapped in parchment paper prior to vacuum sealing. This extra step ensures the Salmon never touches plastic, and provides an extra oxygen barrier that locks in premium quality.
- Vacuum sealed and frozen immediately.
We ship directly to your door in insulated boxes. All orders are shipped on Mondays. If you place an order later in the week, expect shipment the following Monday. We will send and email with the tracking number on the day it ships so you know when to expect it.
You can schedule your preferred week of shipment for gifts, special events, or to avoid a time when you will not be home. We guarantee the week of arrival, but not the specific day.
The Sena Sea Guarantee
Sena Sea is dedicated to providing you with high quality seafood. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will replace or refund your purchase. Please contact us for return and refund instructions within 30 days of purchase date at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the spring and fall, we longline for Halibut, Black Cod, Rockfish and Lingcod in the icy Alaskan waters of the Pacific Ocean. These are always wild fish that have lived their lifespan in the most pristine ocean waters of Alaska. Longlining has a rich history in the fishing community, and is known as one of the most ecologically friendly methods of fishing. Each fish is brought aboard one at a time and placed on ice.
Our wild ocean run seafood is all natural:
- No added chemicals
- No artificial coloring
- No preservatives
- No pesticides
- No growth hormones
- No antibiotics
- No GMOs
Handling and Recipes
Keep frozen until ready to eat
Thaw overnight in refrigerator or 30 minutes in COLD water
Remove from packaging, rinse in cold water and pat dry
Cook to internal temperature of 145 degrees F
- Grill on high heat for 10-15 minutes
- Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes
- Saute on medium high for 3-5 minutes each side
Check out all our delicious halibut recipes for inspiration!