Smoked Salmon Pouch, Sockeye
*Free shipping on this item!*
Our wild Alaskan smoked salmon pouches are a delicious gift that you can be proud to give or serve. We use the high same premium quality salmon we are known for in our smoked jars and pouches.
- Contain smoked sockeye caught in Prince William Sound, AK
- Hand-cut for a beautiful presentation
- Ready to eat and require no refrigeration
- Perfect for entertaining and gifts
- Wild and sustainably caught in Alaska, never farmed!
As a 3rd generation fishing family, sustainability is very important to us and means preserving both the long-term future of the species and the health of the oceans. Sustainability and ocean stewardship are our top priorities. We know we’re doing everything we can to maintain a healthy fishery, and it means a lot to us that you trust us to provide healthy, sustainable fish for your table.
- All our fish are wild-caught in Alaska, never farmed
- Every fishery we participate in is regulated by the state, federal or international management programs for sustainability
- Alaska Salmon Fishery is RFM certified (Responsible Fishery Management) which means it meets 125+ criteria for everything from stock evaluations to ecological impacts from fishing
- Our processing facility, 60 North Seafoods is MSC certified (Marine Stewardship Council), which shows the fisheries meet international best practices for sustainable fishing
- Our fleet is an enthusiastic partner of the CRWP (Copper River Watershed Program) net recycling program, which has diverted 263,712 pounds of web from the landfill and marine environment
- We promote the responsible use of our wild resources, which includes utilizing the whole fish to minimize waste.
- We offer collars and chop (small pieces and meat scraped from the backbone), smoke all our tails and trimmings for use in our spreads, and our fish patties are made with premium copper river sockeye meat that has been scraped from the backbones (and would otherwise have been wasted).
- Instead of styrofoam, we use Green Cell Foam packaging that is compostable and dissolves in water.
All our fish are wild and sustainably caught in Alaska by ourselves and other quality fishermen we know and trust.
We own a small custom processing facility (60 North Seafoods) in Cordova, Alaska. Located right at the source, we immediately clean, cut, portion, wrap in parchment, and flash freeze for premium quality.
Prince William Sound
Prince William Sound is located in Alaska near Anchorage, Seward, and Cordova. It is world-renowned for its abundant salmon fishery with more than 300 streams used by salmon for spawning. It is glacier-fed with cold, deep water and pristine surroundings.
Our Prince William Sound salmon are harvested with small gillnet boats directly from their natural habitat in Alaska. Harvested by skilled fishermen operating with nothing but respect, passion, and care.
We select the highest quality fish for smoking and deliver it to a custom smokehouse. The salmon is hand-cut into portions and cured in a light salt brine and slowly smoked over pure, natural alder wood. Our smoked salmon pouches are all-natural, fully cooked, and ready to serve.
We ship directly to your door, Monday thru Wednesday, via USPS (3-4 days). We will send an email with the tracking number on the day it ships so you know when to expect it.
You can schedule your preferred week of shipment for gifts, special events, or to avoid a time when you will not be home. We guarantee the week of arrival, but not the specific day.
The Sena Sea Guarantee
Sena Sea is dedicated to providing you with high-quality seafood. If you are not completely satisfied with the quality, we will replace or refund your purchase. Please contact email@example.com with any concerns.
Late UPS deliveries are out of our control. UPS will only refund the shipping cost if a package is delivered late but will not replace or refund the ruined contents. Therefore, we recommend purchasing the extra route insurance offered during checkout.
Route is an added layer of protection for your order which ensures package replacement for lost, stolen, or damaged (including defrosted) packages. Route will replace packages that have defrosted for any reason, including late arrival.
Please take a picture of any defrosted portions and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with a claim. Claims must be submitted within 30 days of shipment.
Smoked Sockeye Salmon, 6oz pouch
- Cut by hand with a pound of salmon prior to smoking
- Cured in a light salt brine and slowly smoked over pure, natural alder wood
- Packed with skin off, no bones
- All-natural, fully cooked, and ready to serve
- Pouches last for several years if held in cool and dry conditions
- Wild-caught, never farmed
- Sustainable fishery and harvesting method
If stored in a cool, dry, dark area, unopened canned, jar or retort pouched salmon will generally stay at best quality for about 3 to 5 years. After that, the quality might degrade (taste, texture, color), but it will still be safe to eat as long as there is no leaking, rusting, bulging, or denting (not that glass can bulge or dent). If the salmon develops an off odor, flavor, or appearance, or if mold appears, it should be discarded.
Storage: shelf-stable, no refrigeration needed. Once opened, smoked salmon is good for 7 days in the refrigerator.
Ingredients: salmon, salt brown, sugar, alder smoke
Allergens: fish (salmon)
Our fish is wild, sustainable, and all-natural:
- No added chemicals
- No artificial coloring
- No preservatives
- No pesticides
- No growth hormones
- No antibiotics
- No GMOs
Fish is a good source of high-quality protein, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids. Health experts recommend eating fish at least once or twice each week.
Smoked Salmon Pouches:
No refrigeration is necessary until the pouch is opened
Ready to eat without additional cooking
Once the pouch is opened, refrigerate and eat within 7-10 days
An unopened pouch is good for several years without refrigeration
Check out all our delicious salmon recipes for inspiration!
Free Overnight Shipping On Orders Over $150
Packages Ship Every Monday | Shipping FAQ
The Prince William Sockeye run in June and July in the calm glacial-fed waters of Prince William Sound.
In May through September, Rich fishes the Copper River Delta and Prince William Sound for Sockeye and Coho. We own and operate a small gill-net boat, the Miss CamiLou. Rich runs it with one deckhand and (when he’s lucky) his family onboard. Rich hand-picks every fish, and quickly chills them using our state-of-the-art Refrigerated Sea Water (RSW) system. He selects only the largest, fattest, premium Sockeye Salmon, and hand delivers them to our custom processor to be hand-cut, vacuum sealed, and frozen.
Handling and Recipes
Your fish will arrive frozen on dry ice. Place it in the freezer upon arrival. Properly frozen vacuum-sealed packages are good in the freezer for up to one year.
— Keep frozen until ready to eat
— Thaw overnight in the refrigerator (cut open bag to let air in) or 30 minutes in COLD water (bag sealed)
Remove from packaging, rinse in cold water and pat dry
Cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F
• Grill on high heat for 10-15 minutes
• Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes
• Saute on medium-high for 3-5 minutes on each side
For easiest removal, pull pin-bones after cooking (if present)
Sockeye has a firm texture that lends itself well to all kinds of grilling, frying, and baking recipes. We like to keep our Sockeye recipes simple since Sockeye has such an amazing bold flavor naturally.
Check out all our delicious salmon recipes for inspiration!
We ship directly to your door in insulated boxes. All orders are shipped on Mondays. Orders placed by noon (PST) on Monday will be shipped the same day, orders placed later will be shipped the following Monday. We will send an email with the tracking number on the day it ships so you know when to expect it.
We use sustainable green cell foam to insulate our frozen boxes instead of styrofoam. A combination of pellet dry ice and booster packs (pcm gel packs that hold below freezing) are used to keep fish frozen during transit.
Smoked salmon jars are shipped separately from frozen products because the glass could break due to the very low freezing temperature of dry ice.
Sena Sea Guarentee • Shipping FAQ