Copper River Coho SalmonStarting at
Wild Alaskan Copper River Coho are a popular salmon that run in August and September. Coho is known for its mild flavor and firm texture. They are bigger, fatter fish than sockeye so we cut them into larger 8oz portions, with pin-bones removed. Copper River Coho salmon is wild and sustainably caught out of Cordova, AK using small gillnet boats.
8 oz portions, individually vacuum sealed and frozen
- Rich red/orange color
- Good source of healthy omega 3's
- mild buttery flavor, and firm texture
- skin on, pin bones out
- Wild and sustainably caught in Alaska, never farmed!
- Sushi quality
As a 3rd generation fishing family, sustainability is very important to us and means preserving both the long-term future of the species and the health of the oceans. Sustainability and ocean stewardship are our top priorities. We know we’re doing everything we can to maintain a healthy fishery, and it means a lot to us that you trust us to provide healthy, sustainable fish for your table.
- All our fish are wild-caught in Alaska, never farmed
- Every fishery we participate in is regulated by the state, federal or international management programs for sustainability
- Alaska Salmon Fishery is RFM certified (Responsible Fishery Management) which means it meets 125+ criteria for everything from stock evaluations to ecological impacts from fishing
- Our processing facility, 60 North Seafoods is MSC certified (Marine Stewardship Council), which shows the fisheries meet international best practices for sustainable fishing
- Our fleet is an enthusiastic partner of the CRWP (Copper River Watershed Program) net recycling program, which has diverted 263,712 pounds of web from the landfill and marine environment
- We promote the responsible use of our wild resources, which includes utilizing the whole fish to minimize waste.
- We offer collars and chop (small pieces and meat scraped from the backbone), smoke all our tails and trimmings for use in our spreads, and our fish patties are made with premium copper river sockeye meat that has been scraped from the backbones (and would otherwise have been wasted).
- Instead of styrofoam, we use Green Cell Foam packaging that is compostable and dissolves in water.
Our fish is wild, sustainable, and all-natural:
- No added chemicals
- No artificial coloring
- No preservatives
- No pesticides
- No growth hormones
- No antibiotics
- No GMOs
Handling and Recipes
Your fish will arrive frozen on dry ice. Place it in the freezer upon arrival. Properly frozen vacuum-sealed packages are good in the freezer for up to one year.
Keep frozen until ready to eat
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator (cut open bag to let air in) or 30 minutes in COLD water (bag sealed)
Remove from packaging, rinse in cold water and pat dry
Cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F
- Grill on high heat for 10-15 minutes
- Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes
- Saute on medium-high for 3-5 minutes on each side
For easiest removal, pull pin-bones after cooking (if present)
Sockeye has a firm texture that lends itself well to all kinds of grilling, frying, and baking recipes. We like to keep our Sockeye recipes simple since Sockeye has such an amazing bold flavor naturally.
Check out all our delicious salmon recipes for inspiration!